TIPS Certification Online for Bars, Restaurants and Hotels
The TIPS On-Premise training course is an online program designed to teach participants to prevent intoxication, drunk driving and underage drinking among the people to whom they sell or serve alcohol.
This 2 to 3 hour online course addresses concerns specific to restaurants, hotels, bars, nightclubs, Banquets, Private Parties and other on-premise liquor license holders where alcohol is served by the drink. eTIPS certification is valid for 3 years.
If you work at a liquor store, convenience store or grocery store go to our Off Premise TIPS page.
Visit the State Pages on the Side or Top Menu for Specific State Approvals for Courses.
*Some states will add a separate state filing fee and that amount will be added at checkout. Visit your state page for more information.
Who Should Be TIPS Certified?
Anyone who serves alcohol in a licensed establishment should take this training and receive their certification. TIPS certification is required my many bars and insurance companies.
- Bar Backs
- ID Checkers
The topics covered in the TIPS program include:
- Legal Information - Presents the legal responsibilities for servers of alcohol, explains the types of illegal sales, and provides extensive information about checking IDs and documenting incidents.
- Assess Your Guest: Legal - Allows the user to apply the legal information to real-life scenarios through practical application exercises using short video scenes.
- Alcohol Information - Describes how alcohol affects people, signs of intoxication to look for, and relevant information about alcohol that the server can use to serve more responsibly.
- Assess Your Guest: Alcohol - Allows the user to apply the alcohol information to real-life scenarios through practical application exercises using short video scenes.
- Intervention Information - Gives the user numerous guidelines for providing customer-friendly, responsible alcohol service. Frames the server's role in a three-step, easy-to-follow model.
- Decide and Implement - Allows the user to apply the intervention information to real-life scenarios through practical application exercises using short video scenes.
- Certification Exam - The user earns a TIPS certification by successfully completing the online certification exam.
Your Enrollment Fee Includes:
- Access to TIPS online alcoholic beverage server certification course and exam
- Log in and log out as needed. Take the course in one sitting or a little at a time from any computer
- HTML5 Mobile Friendly Course!
- Unlimited toll free phone support 8:00am am to 5:00pm CST Mon - Fri
- Printable, TIPS certificate - immediately upon graduating
- Permanent TIPS card by US mail in 7 to 14 days
- Recognized - by major insurance companies and top 100 restaurant chains
- Trusted - over 5 million (!) certifications in the last 40 years
- Interactive - you learn online in your own home, at your own pace
- Live Telephone Support - help is available if you need it
- TIPS is the most recognized alcohol certification program in the US
- TIPS is taught at many major bartending schools, like PBSA
Training for Intervention ProcedureS
Over 5 million responsible alcohol certifications!