About the TIPS Responsible Alcohol Program
TIPS (Training for Intervention ProcedureS) is a dynamic, skills-based training program designed to prevent intoxication, drunk driving and underage drinking by enhancing the fundamental "people skills" of servers, sellers and consumers of alcohol.
TIPS gives individuals the knowledge and confidence they need to recognize potential alcohol-related problems and intervene to prevent alcohol-related tragedies.
TIPS sessions can be administered through a certified TIPS Trainer or through eTIPS, an online training program. This website offers the online version online.
Training conducted by a trainer is implemented through video and printed materials to facilitate discussion of the course content. Course material is presented in three sections: Information, Skills Training and Practice/Rehearsal.
Training conducted through eTIPS is implemented through a computer and served over the web. eTIPS Training is self-paced and can be administered at anytime.
At the end of either type session, participants complete a multiple-choice exam. Participants who pass the exam receive a certification card, valid for three years in most areas. Exams, grades and other relevant information are maintained online for review.
Please Be Sure to Click on the Correct Course For Your Establishment!
How Do I Get TIPS Certified?
Follow these easy steps below to take your training and receive your certification.
- Enroll in our class by clicking on the "Register for TIPS Online" button above.
- Complete the TIPS alcohol certification course online at your own pace.
- Pass the certification exam.
- Print your TIPS certification card as proof of your online certification.
- Receive your permanent certification by US mail in 3 to 5 business days.
- eTIPS certification is valid for 3 years.